Established by Colin Marshall in 1984, Marshall Piano Services has been lending its knowledge and expertise to the Northamptonshire and West Cambridge area for more than 35 years.
Prior to starting the business I graduated London Metropolitan University, formally known as London College of Furniture, with a City & Guilds Qualification in Piano Tuning & Restoration.
As a piano specialist, the services I cover include:
Your piano should be tuned regularly to ensure it remains stable and healthy. As an experienced piano technician I am able to identify and address any potential issues before they become a problem. I usually suggest your piano is tuned approximately twice a year to keep it in the best possible condition.
I attend all appointments with sufficient tools and equipment to undertake most common repair requirements from broken strings, sticky keys and everything in between.
As well as personal & professional piano tuning Marshall Piano Services can also undertake the reconditioning and restoration of pianos from uprights to full concert grand pianos. This can cover case work French Polishing, restringing, piano key restoration and even full rebuilds.
If you are looking to buy or sell a piano I can also offer my assistance in buying and selling evaluations. Please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss.
All work carried out in adherance with government guidance, see below for my full Safety at Work policy.
This piano belonged to a customer who is a professional musician and music teacher. The piano lived in a garden studio. Due to the extreme changes in temperature seasonally, and the regular use, it was very important that this piano was tuned regularly. On the occasion in this video the heating had accidentally been left on overnight, causing the room to become so hot that candles melted on top of the piano and the piano quickly became out of tune so it was a big job to bring this back to perfect pitch. As you can hear the client was very happy with the end result.
This was a Steinway Grand Piano from South Africa which was inherited by a client who contacted us to restore it to its former glory. This video shows some of the restoration work undertaken to complete this, it was a complete restoration, and so rewarding to bring the piano back to life.
This safe system of work has been created to ensure that the risks to customers and the business from Covid 19 have been addressed. It has been created with regard to Public Health England’s guidelines and will be updated should this advice change.
1. Before entering the premises of any customer, the piano tuner/technician will monitor self for any symptoms of Covid 19. This includes high temperature, recent onset of persistent cough, or loss of sense of smell or taste.
2. The piano tuner/technician will abide by Public Health England’s (PHE) requirements to self-isolate for 14 days should he have knowingly been in contact with anyone suspected of having Covid19 or awaiting test results for Covid 19.
3. The piano tuner/technician will follow PHE’s guidelines with regards to self=isolating and testing if he exhibits any symptoms of Covid 19.
4. On initial arrival at the premises the piano tuner will wear a face covering, and will wear the face covering whilst moving in restricted areas where the 2m social distancing may not be able to be maintained.
5. While working in a room where there are no other people the piano tuner/technician will not be required to wear a face covering but will resume wearing it should someone else need to enter the room. It will be expected that other people will also use a face covering if they need to be within the 2m social distancing guidelines.
6. Before commencing any work on the pianos, the piano tuner/technician will use detergent and wipes to clean the piano.
7. After completing the tuning or repair work the piano tuner/technician will re-clean the piano using detergent and wipes.
Kettering, Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom
I typically work in the below counties:
Northampton Kettering Oundle Huntingdon. St Neots Peterborough Uppingham, Market Harborough